I've had the privilege of living lots of fantastical adventures. These days, I'm mostly looking for a bit more stability.
- Fame in front of millions of Americans: I created a group to perform on Americas Got Talent, season 7 (2012).
For more see Aurora Light Painters.
- "I've never seen anything like this. I loved it!" - Howard Stern
- "This is what we look for" - Howie Mandel
- "Spectacular" - Sharon Osbourne
- "Amazing" -Nick Cannon
- Made a book that is a hit: Created the book The People of Burning Man. It became an instant cult classic and has over 35 five star reviews on Amazon.
- Project Management at Burning Man: For 7 years, I managed a camp of 20+ people at the annual Burning Man festival. I ran a professional photo studio operating constantly in the deep desert. This was fantastic experience of doing project management in a chaotic environment with 100% volunteer crew, which resulted in "The People of Burning Man" photo book.
- I photograph my co-workers for fun: When working as a project manager, programmer, or in another capacity, I have a tenancy to do photo shoots with the people on the team I work with. See photos of my team at SGI in 2005 and my team at Palm in 2012.
- Cover of Rolling Stone: A photo I took on the cover of Rolling Stone Italy.
- Portrait photography with known tech people:
As a photographer I’ve done sessions with such people as Tim O'Reilly (head of O'Reilly press), Richard Stallman (who started the free source movement), Kevin Rose (of digg.com), Craig Mundie (CTO of Microsoft), Terry Gross (of Fresh Air radio show), Larry Harvey (started Burning Man), Cory Doctorow (journalist) and Debbie Harry (from the band Blondie), among others.
- Light painting portraits:
I'm one of the most skilled photographers in the world at creating light painting portraits.
- Tech convention studio photography: I've enjoyed taking photos at Open Source tech conventions.
- A flash animation project: I made a flash animation for my friend Kelsey's birthday.
I like creativity and creating images
I am a photographer and illustrator. I love creativity and self-expression. Community makes me happy. I especially enjoy being part of open source technical communities (such as OSCON, Perl, MySQL, and Apache communities) and creative artistic communities, such as Burning Man.
Where ever I work, I like to share creativity.
All of the images on HireThisGeek.com were either created or produced by me.
A video with a few images I've created
Take a peek at a swirling joy program I wrote.
Get in touch and chat about your company or project.
Julian Cash 415.738.9385 julian@HireThisGeek.com or see the contact page.